Kilfrost GLV is a high performance low viscosity non toxic heat transfer fluid for use in secondary coolant systems. GLV is formulated with bio-derived base fluids listed as GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) by the FDA, ASTM D1384- 05 proven FDA approved corrosion inhibitors and rheology modifiers. The product is specifically engineered to increase both the efficiency and safety of low temperature chilling/cooling equipment and circuits.
Replacement of more viscous fluids such as Mono Propylene Glycol (MPG) or Glycerine based products in existing systems with Kilfrost GLV will give customers an immediate increase in both pumping and heat transfer efficiency, leading to immediate and sustained energy savings.
GLV is the only practical non-toxic alternative to standard Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG).
- Low viscosity, Non-Toxic, bio-derived inhibited antifreeze.
- Superior environmental profile.
- Outperforms requirements of ASTM D1384-05 corrosion tests.
- Free from nitrates, nitrites, borates, heavy metals and phosphates.
- Optimum operating temperature range -40 oC to +90 o
- Offers energy savings and increased heat transfer efficiency than MPG.
- Biostatic when dosed at the recommended dose rate.
- Liquid formulation supplied as concentrate.
- Can be supplied as dilute product (ready to use).